If you haven't already done so, go to http://help.caltech.edu to request VPN service.
Select request type IMSS-->Network, Wireless & Remote Access-->VPN Request Form.
The Caltech VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) client for Samsung devices is supported on the following device and operating system combinations:
- Galaxy S model GT-I9000 (Gingerbread Maintenance Release)
- Galaxy S model SC-02B (Gingerbread Maintenance Release)
- Galaxy S II model GT-I9100
- Galaxy S II model SC-02C
- Galaxy Tab 7 running Android 2.3.3+
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 running Android 3.0+ with the Samsung TouchWiz MR.
Please note that the operating system running on the Samsung device must be a version supplied by your carrier or by Samsung.
Also note that the vpn client for Samsung devices will not run on other devices than Samsung, even thought the operating system may be Android. Cisco has released an version of the AnyConnect client for rooted Android devices. Due to the complexities and risks of rooting the phone Cisco does not support it. IMSS cannot support rooted phones for the same reasons.
Complete instructions for installing and using the Cisco AnyConnect Client for Samsung Devices can be found in the user guide on Cisco's web site: